Wednesday, October 7, 2009

the secret.


i guess the trick is to be content right now, where you already are and with what you already have. now, i want you to know that i'm reaaalllly working on it. and even having to "work on it" makes me feel worse. who needs to work on being thankful? it's quite sad if you think about it. i guess i just get so wrapped up in wanting the next thing, going to the next place, meeting that next person, that i completely overlook the fact that gratitude will get you there every time.

i'm doing my best to live in the moment, but the promise of things to come is kinda clouding my efforts. for me, focusing on what's good right now seems to pale in comparison to thinking about how things can be better. like i said, i'm reaaalllly working on it. but right now, all i want to do is sell my clothes, cut my hair, move to the city, and start from scratch.

mood music: kid cudi - simple as

No comments:

Post a Comment