Monday, September 28, 2009

girlcrush series vol. 2: count your lucky stars.

n9606621_36845641_7446

you know how they say that princess diana was the most photographed woman in the world? i don't think that's true: i'm pretty sure it's jen. after five years, i've finally been able to get my girlcrush on jen under control. for a while it bordered on unhealthy; i had convinced myself that everything about her is pure perfection, and i should feel lucky that she even considered me someone worthy of being in her atmosphere. i felt pangs of envy every time i laid eyes on her. i wanted her clothes, her shoes, her hair, and most of all, her carefree attitude. when i first met jen, i couldn't believe how much we had in common. we had the same style, loved all the same music and movies, and were inspired by all the same photos and quotes; not to mention our mutual love for pop culture and cheesy celebrity gossip.

recently, jen got married, and the other day she broke the news that she's expecting a little baby boy. i am super excited for her, and of course i think she's going to be a great mom, but more than anything, i can't wait to see this kid's outfits.

jen's been serving as sort of a life coach for me lately. she sends me positive quotes, and photos, and vibes pretty much every day. it's nice to have someone rooting for you; especially someone who has more than enough uplifting energy to go around.

n9606621_37094608_6822

name: jennifer lauren coleman (new last name, woot!)
age: 26
where do you live?: plano, texas (north dallas)
what do you do?: personal assistant is my 'real job' but i love others, work hard, soak up the sun and dream big!

website: goldenheart

signature drink: coffee ;)

6174_706522700777_9606621_40552177_7502240_n

1. who/what inspires you?: good energy! i try to surround myself with supportive loving friends and steer clear of the negativity...only brings you down! my husband and the people i work for inspire me...they are so passionate and talented at what they do!

2.
have you found your passion?: i'm not sure about this one... i'm in the middle of huge life changing events!! we will see how this next year plays out and its effect on me. i'm really excited to see what the future holds and all of the new things in store for me :)

n9606621_39019879_524

3. how would others describe you?: depends on who you ask...

4.
what is your biggest insecurity?: probably not finishing college. i feel like i let my dad down more than anything with that, and he is definitely my hero.

5. what is your most prized possession?: my family. i feel so lucky and blessed to have such a fun and amazing family. growing up, friends would come over even if my brothers and i weren't there and just hang with my parents or call my mom for advice. they are one in a million for sure. i cant imagine not having them.

6.
who has made the biggest impact on your life so far, and why?: my dad. hands down the strongest person i know. he has been through so much and taught me everything i know and new things everyday!! he is by far the most influential person in my life. he always knows the right things to say in the right way. to me that is priceless.

7.
what book(s) have influenced you?: inspiration by dr. wayne dyer. let's just say its an eye opener...see for yourself!

8.
what are your goals? which of those have you already accomplished?: i feel like i have accomplished so many goals and i'm only 26! i've seen the world, had many amazing jobs that have opened so many doors, met amazing people, i have married my true love, i'm going to be a MOM in march!! i feel very blessed to be where i am. of course there are things i wanna do and goals i wanna meet but, for now I am happy and content with what I have.

6174_706491393517_9606621_40550187_466575_n

9. how do you maintain a positive attitude?: surround myself with good energy, never go to bed angry, and count your lucky stars!! it's your choice if you want to be happy and have a positive outlook! you get what you think about, whether you want it or not.

10. words to live by: "there is a voice in the universe urging us to remember our purpose for being on this great earth. this is the voice of inspiration, which is within each and every one of us." - wayne dyer

follow your bliss.
n9606621_38217963_9093

visit jen's blog here. leave her comments and happy baby vibes.

mood music: bobby hebb - sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment