Sunday, November 29, 2009

old soul.

it's come to my attention that i am broke. i have given up on buying new clothes because, by the time i can afford the newest fall fashions, it will be spring. not being able to buy into all the trends has really made me see just how quickly they come and go. i'll covet something for a while, and by the time it goes on sale, i'm over it. makes me wonder just how much money i could have saved myself back in the day, if i would have put more thought into my purchases and their longevity.

the other day i came across one of my favorite magazine spreads; keri russell in instyle, from january 2009. of course i adore keri russell, but mostly i just love the styling; so easy and relaxed, but still feminine. i'm really into the whole sunday-in-the-city-wearing-menswear-but-still-elegant-while-drinking-my-latte thing. the layering is perfect, and i really can't wait to recreate all these looks in san francisco (i've been on ebay all morning looking for cheapy vintage substitutes).







don't you love these looks? if i could find the black dolce vita oxfords in the coffee shop photo, i would be forever content. the style is "nadine" and i can't find them anywhere -- totally sold out. they're the shoes that got away. anyway, i'm on the hunt for more classic, staple pieces that i can really rely on, and jazz up with some trendy stuff, instead of the other way around. wish me luck!

mood music: the rascals - a beautiful morning (via keep the coffee coming)

No comments:

Post a Comment